AddressKigumba View map
The Instrumentation & Control Technicians Certification Training curriculum has been specially built designed for UPIK base on its blended curriculum development philosophy mapping the curriculum used by IFP Training to train and certify the future Oil & Gas Instrument & Control technicians all over the world to that of OPITO standards and assessment system. The OPITO reference document used for this aim is the OPITO Global Training Standards/Maintenance.
Training program details
The programme duration is 290 effective training days.
The training is done in alternating periods between classroom courses and work practice
– 28 weeks of theoretical classroom and workshop/Lab training
– 18 weeks (9 X 2) of On the Job Orientation (OJO)
– 10 weeks of On the Job Training (OJT)
– 1 week of preparation for final oral assessment
– 1 week for the oral assessment period
On-the-Job Orientation (OJO) – on-site
In alternation with classroom modules, in order to acquire hands-on, site-specific knowledge and know-how:
– Identification and study of plant equipment
– Familiarization with maintenance instrumentation technician job duties: On-the-go maintenance, routine verification and preventative maintenance.
On-the-Job Training (OJT) – training workshop
– After completion of both classroom and OJO phases, it consists of the practice of instrumentation technician duties under supervision (routine Maintenance, unusual or complex maintenance, etc)