The Electrical Maintenance Technicians Certification Training curriculum has been specially built for UPIK based on the curriculum used by IFP Training to train and certify the future Oil & Gas Mechanical Maintenance Technicians all over the world. To comply with the UPIK blended curriculum development philosophy, the curriculum is further mapped to OPITO standards and assessment system. The OPITO reference document used for this aim is the OPITO Global Training Standards/Maintenance.
This program has a complete duration of 265 effective training days.
The training is done in alternating periods between classroom courses and on-workshop work
– 25 weeks of theoretical classroom training
– 16 weeks (8 X 2 ) of On-the-Job Orientation (OJO)
– 10 weeks of On-the-Job Training (OJT)
– 1 week of preparation for final oral assessment
– 1 week for the oral assessment period
On-the-Job Orientation (OJO) – on-site
In alternation with classroom modules, in order to acquire hands-on, site-specific knowledge and know-how:
– Identification and study of plant equipment
– Familiarization with electrical maintenance technician job duties: On-the-go maintenance, routine verification
and preventative maintenance.
On-the-Job Training (OJT) – training workshop
– After completion of both classroom and OJO phases, it consists of the practice of electrical maintenance
technician duties under supervision (routine Maintenance, unusual or complex maintenance, etc…)